Drop-in to this online Zoom meeting between 8:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m., Monday through Friday to talk with an Academic Advising Center staff member. The passcode is “dropin”. You will go to a waiting room and we will let you in as soon as we are finished assisting any student(s) ahead of you.
Each semester students are required to meet with an advisor to:
- Review their academic plan
- Receive their access code in order to register for courses for the coming semester – this code is unique to you and can only be obtained through your advisor
Students who meet with an Academic Advisor
If you are in the following programs, you are assigned an advisor located in the Advising Center (AAC) located in room 1-312:
- Associate of Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences AA (60 Credits)
- Biology Transfer Pathway
- Biology Transfer Pathway AS (60 Credits)
- Business Transfer Pathway
- Coaching Certificate
- Coaching Certificate (15 Credits)
- Engineering Broad Field
- Environmental Science AS
- Environmental Science AS (60 Credits)
- Mathematics Transfer Pathway
- Mathematics Transfer Pathway AA (60 Credits)
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Pre-Health Programs
- Psychology Transfer Pathway
- Psychology Transfer Pathway AA (60 Credits)
- Spanish Transfer Pathway
- Spanish Transfer Pathway AA (60 Credits)
- Theatre Transfer Pathway
Students should come prepared with Degree Audit (found on e-services) to attend a drop-in meeting with an advisor to review their academic plan and receive their access code.
Please check your student email! Your academic advisor will be reaching out to you to schedule a phone or zoom appointment.
Students who meet with a Faculty Advisor:
- Early Education / Elementary Education Pathway / Special Education Pathway
- Sales Management & Marketing
- Trades & Industry Programs
You will be notified by faculty (instructor) advisors on the process to review your academic plan and receive access code for registration. If you are not sure who your faculty advisor is, you can find this information in eServices.
After you have your access code
After you get your access code from your advisor, you can register for classes once your registration window opens. The sooner you register, the more likely you'll get the classes you need.
- Login to eServices using your StarID and Password
- From the Course Search view, search for classes at SCTCC by choosing the Subject from the drop down menu and entering the Course Number (if known). Make sure that you have selected the correct semester, ex. Spring 2021.
- The Search Results & Plan page will show results for the classes you searched for, as well as those on your Wish List, Wait List, and Registered list. Click the arrow down icon to expand Your Plan.
- Click on the Course Title for more information.
- Add a course to your wish list by clicking the plus icon.
Class Registration How-to Video
Connect with Academic Advising
- Call us at 320-308-5741
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop-in to Zoom at https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/92384973760, between 8:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. to ask a quick advising question. The passcode is “dropin”. You will go to a waiting room and the advisor will let you in as soon as they are finished assisting any student(s) ahead of you.
If you email your advisor to schedule a meeting about registering for classes, be sure to include this info: Student ID or StarID; Intended Major / program; Course(s) you plan to register.