The TRIO SSS Summer Institute will help you prepare for the Accuplacer exam, focusing on improving your math and reading scores.
During the Summer Institute sessions, SCTCC instructors will work with you to build your fundamental reading and/or math skills. SCTCC staff will help out at the sessions, and snacks are included, along with other activities:
- Learn more about the SCTCC campus
- Learn how to apply for financial aid
- Set your goals for college
- How to be successful in classes
After you finish up the Summer Institute, you'll retake the Accuplacer with the goal of better scores in reading and math.
June 28-July 9: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m-1 p.m.
July 12-July 22: Monday-Thrusday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Why should you attend Summer Institute?
- Boost your reading and/or math skills
- Connect with SCTCC staff and other students in a supportive learning environment
- Build friendships with other students before the semester begins
- Register for TRIO SSS program and services early
The Summer Institute offers:
- Chance to improve your Accuplacer score, which can save time and money
- Built-in time to prepare to retake the Accuplacer assessment
- Workshops on study skills, D2L Brightspace, time management, and paying for college
- Learn about what resources SCTCC offers to students like you
- Opportunities to build friendships and leadership skills with others in the program
Application and Acceptance
- Make sure you're accepted to SCTCC for fall semester and taking classes toward an AA, AS, or AAS degree
- Fill out the Summer Institute 2021 Application
- You will be contacted within 3-5 business days
Questions? Contact the TRIO office at 320-308-0977 or firstname.lastname@example.org